The Victorian Amateur Football Association, Australia’s largest senior community football competition, seeks a dedicated person for the role of Media, Marketing & Events Officer.
Working closely with the General Manager – Commercial Operations, Head of Media and Football Operations & Events Co-ordinator, the successful candidate will play an integral role building and increasing the VAFA’s brand and providing support across a variety of roles in media (The Amateur Footballer), sponsorship, marketing and VAFA events in a full-time capacity.
The ability to communicate effectively to a diverse group of members is a must and you will be proactive, adaptable and keen to support the rest of the team where needed. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Under guidance from the GM – Commercial Operations:
- Produce & distribute email marketing campaigns including VAFA’s weekly digital newsletter during season
- Execute selected commercial partnership activation tasks
- Prepare statistical reports for commercial partners and suppliers.
- Under guidance from the Head of Media:
- Produce the weekly football record, The Amateur Footballer
- Write content for ‘The Amateur Footballer’ weekly record & edit scribe reports.
- Coordinate social media content & posts.
- Produce news content & post on VAFA.com.au.
- Under guidance from the Football Operations & Events Co-ordinator:
- Perform administrative tasks for all major VAFA events & functions throughout the year.
For a position description contact Blair O’Hara via email at [email protected]
Applications to General Manager – Commercial Operations
Mr Blair O’Hara
Closing date for applications 5pm, Wednesday 14 March, 2018