Old Xaverians helped raise funds for the 2017 ANZAC Appeal by wearing specially-designed jumpers as part of the 100 Teams Community Football Program during their Round 2 clash against Old Melburnians.
Nominated by the Camberwell City RSL Sub-Branch, the Xavs will now sell or auction off the jumpers with 50% of the funds raised through the sale of the jumpers donated to the RSL Sub-Branch in support of the 2017 ANZAC Appeal and the other 50% going towards the club.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Establish new, or strengthen existing, relationships between RSL Sub-Branches and local football clubs
- Develop greater understanding of the work of the RSL within the community
- Promote increased observance of the commemoration of ANZAC Day
- Foster pride in the wearing of the traditional ANZAC Appeal logo on special commemorative jumpers
- Promote and support veteran welfare through the RSL’s ANZAC Appeal
The day was a success for both the club and the ANZAC Appeal, with the Xavs defeating Old Melburnians by three points in a thriller at Sportscover Arena.
Feature photo: Ari Hatzis