Football Operations Team
Return to Training and Games Protocols
AFL Victoria released RTP/RTT protocols as of the restriction changes issued on 24th Nov from State Government. These are the Community RTP/RTT protocols for state-wide application.
Training, games and programs (contact and non-contact) can resume for all participants, provided:
- No more than the minimum number of participants required to conduct the training or game participate in the activity (e.g. players, necessary coaches, umpires and those required for supervision of young children or to support people with a disability)
- It is conducted outdoors (and not at a member of the public’s ordinary place of residence).
- Patron cap of 500, group sizes align with public gathering limits of 50 people
- Density quotient of 1 per 4 square metres
- Spectators follow relevant gathering rules
All VAFA Clubs are now able to commence pre-season training under these protocols. Further guidelines and protocols that must be met by all VAFA Clubs can be found on the AFL Victoria Website or VAFA Portal.
2021 Calendar and Fixturing
The VAFA is planning to commence season 2021 on Saturday 10 April, 2021.
The below outlines the fixturing process for the 2021 season. These decisions have been based on significantly reduced VAFA administration work arrangements due to COVID-19.
Premier Men’s – Division 2 Men’s, Premier Women’s
The final 2020 fixtures for these sections will rollover to the 2021 dates as the team allocations in these sections will remain unchanged from season 2020 to 2021. These fixtures will be released prior to the AGM in December.
Division 3 Men’s and Division 4 Men’s
The VAFA will collaborate with all clubs represented in these sections to discuss and determine the most feasible section structure for the 2021 season.
Premier B Women’s – Division 4 Women’s, Men’s Thirds, Under 19’s, Under 23’s and Supers Competitions
The 2021 fixtures for these sections will be finalised and released across February and March once the VAFA has clearer visibility on the team submissions and allocations for each section.