Brett Connell (VAFA CEO)
Dear VAFA Clubs & Community.
The VAFA Board has convened a special Board Meeting to consider all possible scenarios & the impact, effect & ramifications of the rapidly evolving landscape related to COVID-19.
The meeting will take place Monday 16 March with further advice related, but not limited to, the following areas of our operation to be advised to our Clubs & Community before midday Tuesday:
- Player, volunteer, umpire & staff welfare
- Association & Club viability & sustainability
- Commercial considerations
- Financial impact for the Association, its Clubs & Partners
- Impact and ramifications for our competitions and fixtures
This is a very unique & challenging situation for all concerned.
The VAFA is working with the AFL, AFL Vic & all community football stakeholders to address this matter in a united manner.
The VAFA Board & Administration take their role in this matter very seriously & are looking to lead & support our Clubs & Community with empathy & considered decision making.
Further advice will be forthcoming.