The VAFA, Australia’s oldest and largest senior football competition, has an exciting position as Premier Squad Field Umpire Coach for the umpiring department. We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic person wanting to develop their skills in the high-performance and coaching area.
The Premier Squad Field Umpire Coach will be responsible for development and coaching in conjunction with the VAFA Head Field Umpire Coach.
- Work collaboratively with the VAFA Field Umpire Coaching Group to be responsible for coaching, performance and development of the VAFA Premier Field Umpire squad.
- Manage the match day appointments and observations in conjunction with Head Field Umpire Coach.
- Prepare and provide feedback/updates for coaching purposes to umpires and partake in any reviews as required.
- Responsible for ensuring all umpires managed reach their desired full potential in fitness and on-field performance, and that all levels of umpires are catered for and rewarded in their umpiring pursuits.
- Attend training sessions as required as well as plan coaching sessions on-line for group/individual coaching purposes.
- Ability to implement any new coaching innovations and ideas for the umpiring group in conjunction with the Umpire Operations Manager and discipline coaches.
- Work with Umpire Operations Manager to ensure correct pathways and coaching is provided for umpires aspiring to move beyond the community level
- Assist with other administrative duties as required
- Actively promote umpiring in the community and the benefits as well as assist in recruitment and retention of umpires.
- Sound knowledge of community football and the AFL & VAFA laws of the game.
- Understanding of community umpiring.
- Previous coaching experience whether football or umpiring.
- Must have or the ability to gain a Level 1 Umpire Coaching Accreditation.
- Must have a valid Working with Children Check.
- Ability to build relationships and work with large groups.
- Ability to plan and organise.
- Ability to effectively communicate and manage time.
- Capacity to establish effective reporting systems.
*Position Remuneration Available Upon Request*
VAFA umpire training is held on Monday and Wednesday nights from 6pm at Elsternwick Park, Glenhuntly Road, Brighton. The position reports to the VAFA Head Coach of Field Umpiring.
Please send applications with cover letter and CV to Matt Dervan [email protected]