The VAFA, Australia’s oldest and largest senior football competition, has an exciting position available as Umpire Operations Manager and is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic person to fill this role. The successful candidate will have highly developed communications skills, proficient knowledge across community umpiring, strong work ethic and a keen eye for detail.
This is a full-time position within our Football Operations Department and will report to the General Manager, Football Operations.
- Develop an ongoing component of the VAFA Strategic Plan to ensure the umpire needs of the competition are met
- Manage the structure of the Umpiring Department
- Manage the Umpire Coaches of the specific disciplines, including Field/Boundary/Goal/Fitness and Development
- Develop strong processes and reporting streams for the smooth operation on the Umpiring Department
- Uphold the core values of the VAFA which include the amateur status of playing for the love of the game and VAFA’s no alcohol policy
Skills and experience required
- Sound knowledge of the football industry
- Sports Administration Degree or a relevant field
- Strong communication and organisation skills
- Strong IT and administration skills
Please send applications to:
Mr Sam Confait
by Wednesday 27 November, 2019
For a full position description, please download HERE