The VAFA, Australia’s oldest and largest senior football competition, has an exciting position as Head of Fitness for the umpiring department. We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic person wanting to develop their skills in the high-performance area.
The umpires head of fitness will be responsible for the development and implementation of the training program for our umpiring team of all ages and experiences.
- Develop and implement training programs suitable for various fitness levels
- Work with Umpire coaches to allow for skill-based training during training sessions
- Provide feedback on skill technique to umpires when required
- Responsible for ensuring all umpires reach their adequate fitness level required for officiating all levels of VAFA football
- Ability to implement any prerequisite fitness expectations for umpiring groups in conjunction with Umpire Operations Manager and discipline coaches.
- Work with Umpire Operations Manager to ensure correct pathways and coaching is provided for umpires aspiring to move beyond the community level
- Assist with other administrative duties as required
- Actively promote umpiring in the community and the benefits as well as assist in recruitment and retention of umpires
- Sound knowledge of community football
- Understanding of umpiring
- Currently studying or have completed a Sport and Exercise Science degree or similar
- Wanting to further career in the high-performance industry
- Ability to build relationships and work with large groups
- Ability to plan and organise
- Ability to effectively communicate and manage time within training sessions
- Capacity to establish effective reporting systems
- Must have a valid Working with Children Check
VAFA umpire training is held on Monday and Wednesday nights from 6:00pm at Elsternwick Park, Glenhuntly Road, Brighton. The position reports to the VAFA Umpire Operations Manager.
Please send applications with cover letter and CV to Matt Dervan [email protected]