VAFA TAN CUP
The VAFA, the City of Melbourne and GO THE TAN invite all 76 clubs to compete in GO THE TAN forthe VAFA Tan Cup! This is a great opportunity to earn the fastest team in the VAFA bragging rights while putting in some great pre-season training, and helping raise money for a needy cause.
The event will take place on Saturday February 16 between 8.30am and 10.00am at the Tan.
There are 3 simple steps:
1. Designate a team captain and gather team members, we will provide you with an emailt emplate to help you with this
2. We will set up your team with your very own Everyday Hero web page
3. Start fundraising online to support your efforts. Each team member target is $50 each (ie.one $50 donation or 5 x $10 donations) but the sky’s the limit!
3 major prizes will be awarded to:
• The fastest individual time registered in the VAFA Tan Cup
• The fastest team (based on the teams average time)
• The team that raises the most money
Previous fastest VAFA times:
Ben Southam Peninsula Pirates 2012 12.49.
Alex Wood Peninsula Pirates 2012 13.13.
Dan Morgan Fitzroy 2012 13.17.
Nick Reinalda Fitzroy 2011 13.57
Jonathon Byrt South Melbourne Districts 2011 14.02
Jonathon Pintal Old Xaverians 2011 14.16.4
For more information visit their website: http://www.starttofinish.com.au/default.aspx?s=eventdisplay&id=1102 Hopefully a few of our clubs can get involved again this year and support this great cause!