Position Available: Board Appointee Director – Treasurer
The VAFA is recognised as a leading Community Football Association in Victoria.
Participants include approximately 9,000 in our Men’s Competitions and 3,000 in our Women’s Competitions.
The Board Charter requires us to have “a diverse and effective board” In order for us to meet this objective we are strongly encouraging women and/or people of diverse backgrounds or identities to apply, including First Nations Peoples, People from cultural and linguistic diverse backgrounds, people with a disability and LGBTQI+ individuals.
We are looking for a Director who can be part of a team that champions our new Strategic Plan.
In particular, we require a Director to be Treasurer and Chair our Finance Sub-Committee.
We have a CEO with a strong accounting background as well as a current Treasurer (moving to another Board Role) who is prepared to continue as a Sub-Committee Member. We also have 2 non-board Sub-Committee Members who have indicated a willingness to continue as required to provide continuity. The current Treasurer also wishes to complete some efficiency projects currently in flight.
Details of Position
- Review the Annual Budget
- Recommend the approval of the Annual Budget to the Board
- Review Financial Re-Forecasts where completed
- Oversee the monitoring of Cashflows with regards to Budgets, Policy and Liquidity
- Monitor Financial Performance
- Set Financial Sub-Committee Agenda (mostly standard items)
- Review Sub-committee minutes
- Review and consider the Annual Financial Statements for recommendation and adoption by the Board
- Consider and review or make recommendations on any matter referred to it by the Board
- Take responsibility for reviewing the Board Delegations Policy and making recommendations on its update to the Board
With a Financial Year ending 31 October and the Budget items completed by the current Treasurer the appointee would have time to acclimatize before the peak period of November.
Tim Habel at [email protected] or Mob 0413 450 123
General enquires of potential interest are welcomed
15th January 2023, although earlier enquires are encouraged.
We are more than happy to provide copies of any of our Strategic Plan (Launched at our Dec 22 AGM), Constitution (Updated and ratified at our Dec 22 AGM), Finance Sub-Committee Terms of Reference and/or Detailed Responsibilities Matrix on request.
Board Members and the Board Charter can be found at