The Old Xaverians Football Club President Simon Hunt, and Committee are excited to announce that Nick Bourke and Dom Berry will take on the club’s Senior Coaching role as Co-Coaches for season 2013.
Nick is of course a past player and Senior Coach, guiding the club to Premierships in 1996 and 1997, and Dom played in that 1996 Premiership at full forward.
This dual role is not one that that club has had before, however it is one that is becoming more commonplace in VAFA football.
Both Nick and Dom bring a wealth of experience and knowledge to the role, and are extremely excited about the opportunity.
Club President Simon Hunt said, “This is by far the best outcome for our football club. Having passionate Old Xav people who understand the strong culture within our club was one of our key criteria. Both Nick and Dom are keen to impart their experience and ideas for improvements onto their fellow coaches and of course the playing group”.
Newly appointed Club Director of Football Lex Vasdekis, in conjunction with a sub committee of Simon Lethlean, Dan Richardson, and Robert Ralph made the recommendation of Nick and Dom as co-coaches. The recommendation was quickly endorsed by Simon Hunt and the Club’s committee.
“It is a great honour to be taking on the senior co-coaching role with Nick. We are very excited about the depth of talent we have moving into 2013 and look forward to some great success”, said Berry whose football resume reads:
- All Australian U16 – 1986
- All Australian Teal Cup – 1988
- Hawthorn FC – 1988 -1993 (Coaches played under Jeans, Joyce, Meagher, Greene). 1 senior game & 80 reserve games (leading goal kicker in reserves)
- Port Melbourne FC 1994-1996 (VFA Rep side all years & leading goal kicker, record holder for goals in VFA game – 16)
- 1996 (mid season) – Old Xavs premiershi
- 1997 – 1998 – Epping in DVFL
Nick Bourke commented, “I’m delighted and honoured to be involved with the Old Xavs Football Club once again and together with Dominic am looking forward to a productive season”.
Nick’s football resume follows:
- Hawthorn Reserves approx. 100 games
- OXFC Reserves Premiership coach 1995
- OXFC Senior Premiership Coach 1996 & 97
- Victorian Senior Coach 1998 – 2006
- All Australian Coach 2005
- VAFA President 2006-2009
We invite all players, sponsors, members and supporters to attend a ‘meet and greet the new coaches’ next Friday evening, November 9th, at The Malvern Hotel from 6.30pm.