Brett Connell – VAFA CEO
The Victorian Government made announcements around the lifting of restrictions earlier today. It was positive news for community sport, which can return to both training and playing under the following criteria (as outlined in the table of restrictions below):
- Open for all ages, training and competition
- Density quotient of 1 person per 4sqm applies
- Limited to minimum number of people required to participate in and facilitate the activity (i.e. players, coaches)
- Spectators not allowed
- Until further notice, clubs wishing to operate after match functions must do so under the “Hospitality” restrictions (as outlined in the table of restrictions attached)
This will be reviewed in two weeks.
The new restricted activity directions will be released overnight. Following this being released, and any clarification we need to seek out, it is anticipated we will have updated return to play protocols soon.
In the interests of specifics:
- All fixtured matches for July 31 & August 1 remain in place
- Women’s finals will proceed this weekend and fixtures will be released tomorrow
- Affiliation fees and other associated financial matters will be advised in due course
- The upcoming Big V Function has been cancelled
- All VAFA Staff return to the office
Please keep in mind that we are all responsible for following the new restrictions in accordance with Government advice.
Keep safe and well.