The VAFA, Australia’s oldest and largest senior Australian Rules Football competition, comprising Men’s and Women’s football, has a broad-ranging Administration position available. We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic person to fill this stimulating and varied role. The successful candidate will have proficient knowledge of business systems, highly developed communication skills, strong work ethic and a keen eye for detail.
This full-time position will report to the General Manager, Business and Projects (GMB &P).
- Assist and provide support to the CEO and GMB & P.
- Support the VAFA Administration in the efficient and effective running of the VAFA office.
- Provide support to the Football Operations Department.
- Provide support to the Umpires Operations Manager.
Skills and experience required
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Proficient working knowledge of MS Office and other business related systems.
- Experience with IT platforms
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and time management.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality outcomes.
- Ability to work both autonomously and closely within a team.
- Experience in events would be an advantage
- Experience in marketing would be an advantage.
- A rewarding and vibrant working environment within the sporting industry.
- A close and supportive workplace.
- A varied role with opportunity for professional development.
Applications close Wednesday 5th May, 2021.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Shona MacInnes at [email protected]