The VAFA is now recruiting umpires for the 2024 season, coinciding with the launch of the new 2024 VAFA umpire recruitment video.
The competition is currently recruiting new boundary, field, and goal umpires across metropolitan Melbourne.
Umpiring is an inclusive space that requires no prior experience. Whether you are a student, current/retired player, or football enthusiast, everyone is more than welcome to join the VAFA umpire family.
Now is the time to get involved in umpiring so you are ready for the start of pre-season training in February.
So, find your reason below to join VAFA umpiring:
- Umpiring at the VAFA is the ultimate part time job with competitive match payments; you will get paid to run and keep fit on weekends.
- Umpiring is perfect for high school and university students; you will learn essential skills to help in your professional development.
- Umpiring will boost your experience on your resume and increase your future employment prospects.
- The VAFA has the highest number of umpires promoted to the VFL with many umpires going on to make the AFL and AFLW list.
- You will make new friends and join in fun social activities.
Umpire registrations have now opened on the new Officials HQ system. Please click here to complete your 2024 VAFA umpire registration. The VAFA Umpiring Department will then be in contact with you to provide further information on how to get started.